Minibus Drivers & Carers Required for
School Children with Special Needs
We are looking for talented female and male team members
willing to give and serve into the community
- Do you have an exceptionally good driving record?
- Do you demonstrate a positive attitude towards life, family and friends?
- Do you have an attitude of gratitude and appreciation?
- Do you just love to be of service to children or people in need?
- Are you a person who really gets a buzz out of achieving improvements in children’s physical, mental or emotional state?
- Are you astute to risk management and safety?
This position would suit:
- A retired, community-minded and/or ex-health professional who wants to make a difference to the lives of special needs children by contributing to our community
- Someone who can demonstrate leadership in the role with children and subsequently their support network, by utilising learning opportunities whilst on the bus to increase positive behaviour patterns, which directly assists them in their journey of safe, secure and active integration within our larger community.
- Someone experienced in working with children who has demonstrated successes in making a difference in their lives.
We love engaging with the kids to make a difference for them. Even 1 to 1½ hours a shift (2 to 3 hours a day), 5 days a week over 10, 20, 30, 40 weeks a year,
is enough to make a significant difference to the lives of these children.
The potential differences that you can contribute to making are:
- Improvements and breakthroughs in children’s’ speech or communication methods – engaging, talking whilst also seeing a change in their life skills and confidence.
- Seeing children accept your understanding and care as a result of your recognition and positive responses to their unique ways of communicating.
- Noticing behaviour changes and improvements within the children, bringing more structure, order and predictability to their lives.
- Being part of the implementation of a professional’s action plan for each child and gaining and witnessing positive results.
- Just having fun – smiles and laughter and seeing the difference that makes!
If you believe you are a person who can create this kind of empowering atmosphere on the bus, make a positive contribution to children and enjoy driving as an art…This could be the job for you!
Upon application we require:
- A cover letter
- A copy of your drivers licence and current driving history from RMS NSW (certifiable) – please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A very good driving history with RMS NSW
- No criminal convictions – a police criminal background check will be required
- A willingness to obtain a Driver’s Authority NSW (endorsement to drive public passenger vehicles)
- A willingness to gain a higher licence category – specialised Charter available to the right persons
- National and/or state driver’s medical assessment to be obtained (forms provided)
- Experienced in driving a van or small bus, 5 to 7 metres in length
- Working with children check to be obtained through RMS NSW
- Fit and mobile, able to assist with wheelchair transfer and wheelchair lifter operation, sometimes in small spaces
- Position is subject to a driving assessment
- Any associated experience or background in child or disability care is highly advantageous and will be considered favourably.
Please send through your cover letter, resume and driving history report to email@example.com or call us for more information.